According to Google “Social Media” signals do play a minor part in their search algorithms.So, we can safely say that SEO & Social Media are interwoven to achieve the exact same goal which is attracting new clients & increase sales.So, how can we leverage social media to boost our site’s SEO? Let’s dive in!
How Can We Leverage Social Media For SEO?
- “Social Media” is right now the most useful tool to amplify your content. Social Media plays a crucial part to distribute your content to reach a wide audience. The more the content get popular the more it’s chance of getting ranked in the top in SERP (Search Engine Result Page).
- Sharing your content on social media can boost your indexing on the search engine as search bots crawl social media regularly.
- “Social Media” can increase your content life if you can use proper hashtags related to your content. Example: If you are writing about SEO then using #SEO will lead users to find your content even after 6 months of writing the post.
- If you are sharing engaging content then “Social Media” can drive insane traffic to your website & this complements SEO beautifully.
- “Social Media” creates brand awareness which is one of the ranking signals to get your site right up with the big brands in your niche.Companies social media profiles appear at the top of SERP for branded keywords.
- “Social Media” can help you to understand the audience behavior & to craft content accordingly which is now a big part of Google Panda.
So, it is evident that Social Media along with SEO can work together to your ultimate goal which is attracting more clients & increase sales.
One way to use social media for your content marketing is to integrate the keywords in your social media posts to optimize it for search & use the correct hashtag. This will amplify your content to a greater audience & search engines will fetch your posts in the top results.
Role Of Social Media In Link-Building
You can earn high-quality back links through social media by reaching out to the niche experts.According to Gabriella Sannino, “Social gives you a playground for prospective link opportunities”.
Links from social media profiles
You can get a do follow link from some social media accounts barring a few Sharing content can get you “High-Quality Links”
Get links from outreach
There is a high chance that if you can promote your best content effectively on social media it may reach to industry influencer & they will refer your content in their next posts or article if they find it suitable . Such links are of great value to your link profile & will certainly boost your SEO.
You can use social media to outreach to influencers by following their profile & engaging with their posts. This can help you to establish a healthy relationship to give you the opportunity to pitch your content.
Optimize Your Content For Sharing
There are some easy & simple methods you can follow to encourage users to share your content:
1.Integrate “Social Sharing Button” within your content in the website.
2.Tag influencers who you have mentioned in your posts to notify them.There is a high chance they will probably share your content with their audience.
3.Track “Mentions” on social media & revert back to those who have mentioned your content.
How To Leverage User-Generated Content On Social Media?
User-Generated Content (UGC) is any content generated by your audience like reviews, testimonials, blog posts, twitter chats, contests etc. The benefit of UGC is that there is a constant flow of fresh, free content about your product and impacts your rankings & also gives you insights into your audience’s interests.
- UGC helps you to understand your audience better & to create products & services exactly according to their needs.
- It serves as a social proof which can improve your brand reputation among the visitors.
- The citation is a major part of “Local” SEO & more your brand is mentioned on different mediums the more it will affect your “Local ” SEO.
Some cool ways to generate User-Generated contents are:
- Organizing a webinar or chat.
- Contests or quiz.
- By conducting polls.
- Constantly engaging with them through comment or messages.
How Relationship Between SEO & Social Media Are Evolving
Social Media networks have gradually evolved into decent search engines where the audience are searching for products & services more & more. Since prospective clients are mostly active on social media platforms it has become essential for brands to create a substantial social media presence in order to reach their audience.
Hence, we can comprehend that SEO & Social Media works best when working hand in hand & we can leverage both effectively to get more clients & increase sales.