LinkedIn today is the world’s largest professional network which connects job seekers with businesses & businesses with potential clients & employees. It has evolved into a great tool for building a robust network through content sharing & community development. In fact, according to the latest stats in 2017 80% of B2B leads come from LinkedIn, and fully 79% of B2B marketers say that Linkedin has been an effective avenue for lead generation.
But, here is the thing you need to have a specific strategy to build a relationship with your targeted audience as randomly connecting with strangers could impact your profile negatively. So, what strategy should you use to build a healthy network that would benefit you? Let’s dive in!
- Make sure you fill all your profile details thoroughly as it has been seen that completed profiles get the maximum number of views.
- Discover connections & stay connected by sending messages or notes to connections once in a while.
- Endorse & Recommend your connections to built trust & your connections will do the same for you.
- Promote your LinkedIn profile on other social networking sites like on your Facebook, Twitter & Google Plus accounts. You can also link back to them from your LinkedIn account.
- Join niche Groups in your industry & take an active part in discussions to increase your brand visibility.
- Share interesting & informative content in your updates to keep your connections engaged.
For Your Company Page
- Use an engaging header image which reflects your company’s mission which will intrigue an audience to dive in for more.
- Ensure to write an enthralling description of your company to grab the attention of your audience.
- Keep your page up-to-date. Your page should reflect the activities & events that are happening within your company like launching a new product or service, awards, reviews, events organized by your company etc. This will increase your brand visibility in New’s Feeds.
- Make use of Advanced Search – search by location, current company, industry, past company, school, profile language, and nonprofit interests in order to shortlist your potential employees or leads.
- Use Save Search to save your searches in order to follow up with your Advanced Search later on.
- Search Groups in your niche according to relationship level, category, and language. You can shortlist your niche groups by Highly Relevant & Active filters which are very useful to find & join groups which can boost your brand visibility.
- Publish engaging content regularly to get featured on LinkedIn Pulse which is a great platform for your brand exposure.